Saturday, February 02, 2008

The Dumping Ground

To follow up from the previous post: We DID build an awesome snow fortress which led to a classic snowball fight. My boys took hold of the fortress, while I was left to fend for myself on the perimeter.
It was so much fun!


Then we followed by warming up in our hot tub as little snowflakes fell onto us. I'm very glad school was cancelled because my boys and I had a great time together.


On to business:
Cheryl runs her business out of her home, along with caring for her husband, taking care of her two kids, dogs, basketball games, running kids to movies, feeding everyone in the house (including the kid's friends) ... um, Cheryl's office becomes "The Dumping Ground."

As you walk into her office, there were papers piled up on the floor, desk, cabinets and shelves. We began sorting through the piles and getting rid of all that was no longer needed.



Cheryl knew exactly how she wanted her desk to be set up: move the printer to the corner, file folder racks right in front and a working surface. Again, we began sorting through the papers and items on her desk. Supplies were sorted and put away, client info was filed, old notes tossed and the desk top was dusted shiny.

Cheryl's son even commented on how great it looked as he slipped in a "Mom, can you take me to the movies?" Her wonderful husband chauffeured him and buddies to the show while we finished up.

Organized and ready for business.
Cheryl seemed quite delighted with her office.

What has been your recent fun family moment?

2 comments:

Cheryl Engfer said...

Angie, you have made me actually want to spend time in my office! I can't thank you enough. This has been a project I've been trying to tackle for some time and finally, enough was enough! No more excuses just git R done! Besides I don't want to be an asshole, right? LOL I love that post today.

I love the fact that you made piles for me to review before "shredding or pitching them". I would've hung on to all my dad's paperwork forever if it weren't for you.

You have great ideas and anyone reading this if your contemplating it....just do it! Don't be shameful of your space, just do it!!

Angie Weid said...

Cheryl,
I am so glad you are happy with your office. My mission is to help people feel better about their space. It was my pleasure to help you.