Thursday, October 23, 2008

Phantom Neighborhood Ghosts


As I walked up to a recent client's home there was this piece of paper taped to her front door:

"We've been GHOSTED!!!"

She explained it is a tradition her neighborhood has been doing for years. You create a little goodie bag to leave on the doorstep. Here's the note that accompanies the Phantom Ghost gift:


Well, my boys and I had fun driving around our neighborhood looking for homes we could "Ghost." We decide to kick in this new tradition off with 3 homes: two families we knew and one complete stranger.

Jacob was armed with our Ghost bags. He dashed up to the homes, rang the doorbell and sprinted back to the car. We had so much fun!!

Now we sit back and wait to see if the neighborhood will participate in our new tradition.

What is a recent tradition you have started?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is an adorable tradition! I think I might try it too out here on base!

Cheryl Engfer said...

I love this....too bad its the 29th
:(...there's always next year.