Tuesday, December 30, 2008

3:00pm, And I've Got Two Different Socks On

Finally! Such a simple task took a good 3-4 months for me to complete. Not sure why I could not seem to take the time to organize my sock drawer. Perhaps when I realized at 3:00pm one day last week that I had on one blue sock with one black sock, the time had come to take care of business.

Heck, I remember one time going to work at Ford Motor Company with one blue and one black pump. Now that I think about it. It was around 3-4:00, too, when I realized the fashion faux pas.

Here is how you can organized your sock drawer:

Step 1: Whoa! This is a mess. My boys sock drawer looks better than mine ... and I'm the professional organizer?













Step 2: Dump out drawer and check out the pile. Match up your socks. Group them into colors and styles.

Step 3: Return your happy little sorted piles into the drawer. Remember to place your black socks away from your blue socks. If you put your gym socks in the middle of them, may keep them from drifting together a bit longer.


Yeah! My socks are sorted for at least a couple months. Then start checking out my socks to see if I'm all mixed up again.

What fashion faux pas have you made lately?

3 comments:

Phyllis said...

OK, Angie, I just did the same thing a couple of weeks ago (plus did my "unmentionable" drawer yesterday. I know there are organizers that go into sock drawers (diamond pattern) to keep it even more orderly. I CANNOT find them anywhere (although I recall seeing them advertised a few years back). Any idea where I can find those?
Closet has been organized; next will be the tee shirt and sweatshirt drawers.

Angie Weid said...

I know you can order them online if you search for drawer organizers. I believe Bed, Bath and Beyond or Target has them, too. Honestly, I would not bother with them.

If you must have something, I would go with drawer dividers that extend the length or width of your drawers. A couple of those and your stuff will stay in place just fine.

Anonymous said...

Was wondering if your dad was using his Milan address still or if it's only the Up North address...and if it's the up north one, could you send it to me?

Also do you know where JoAnne is staying?