Monday, December 29, 2008

I'm Not Obsessive, I'm Complusive ... Or Is It The Other Way Around?

OK, I'm going to jump right in an say I have a routine I must do or my day just feels weird.

One of my things:
I must put on my right sock,
then left sock,
then put on my right shoe and tie it,
then put on my left shoe and tie it.


If this sequence is jumbled up,
I will start over to bare feet and begin again
(I'll feel like I'm walking in circles all day if I don't).

Many of us have these little "routines" we do everyday. Perhaps we are aware, maybe we are oblivious though others around you are totally laughing inside at your antics. That's OK, you're happy right? Nothing wrong with having an OCD tendency here and there.

Think about this:
Being TOO organized with everything in its place. Nothing ever so slightly crooked on your walls. Perhaps to the point of shelves and bins labeled. No dust on any of your flat surfaces (Oh, I have excepted dust into my household as my friend). You may be a bit OCD.

On the other hand, you have stacks of clothes, papers, newspapers, egg crates and such everywhere. You love collections. There is a bit of order to the chaos in your home, though its just a lot of stuff. Keeping you from enjoying your home as you wish you could. This may be a bit OCD, too.

See, we all likely, at some level have OCD.
Again I believe whole-heartedly in:

"Everything in moderation is good."

Take a moment and think about what's going on in your life and home. Perhaps there is an area that has gotten a bit out of control. Lasso that bad boy and take charge.

You'll feel better.

What is your daily OCD routine?

5 comments:

Phyllis said...

I have to eat all of one thing before moving onto the next--no mixing and matching here--plus I sort my m&m's by color before I eat them.

I'm not sure if walking behind the 4 men in my house turning off lights and closing doors/drawers qualifies as OCD, but it tends to overtake my life some days. lol.

Angie Weid said...

@Phyllis - I know a few people that have to eat one thing first, so you are not alone on that one. Do you have a particular color order the m&m's must be eaten?

Phyllis said...

as much as I hate to admit it, yes. Brown first, then blue, then orange, then yellow, then green. (red would be after brown, but I don't remember what colors are in m&m's any more)

Anonymous said...

I have CDO. It's like obsessive compulsive disorder except the letters are in alphabetical order the way they're supposed to be :)

Angie Weid said...

@Jackie - That is HYSTERICAL!!! Thank you for the chuckle.