Tuesday, May 01, 2007

How Do You Appear?

"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid
than to open it and remove all doubt."
Mark Twain



I came across this quote while helping Leasa get her basement organized. We found a small stack of papers with this quote printed across the entire page. It struck me funny because I started out this year with the idea of trying to keep my mouth shut a little bit more.

Not that I am some obnoxious, babbling chick (uh oh, maybe I am. Go ahead and comment, I can handle it). And I do not get into many heated discussions, just not my thing. Rather, when I am in a situation now, I will take a pause before verbally addressing the person.

I had a bunch of stuff written, then I read it and it just sounded like a bunch of bs. (whew! glad I did go to print)

I love this quote!

You can substitute any negative emotion or action for "stupid" and it rings true.

So, rather than appear stupid..........

What do you think about this quote?

No comments: