Sunday, May 13, 2007

Rosemarisms

My mom has been amazing to me in so many ways. Her support and encouragement is unwavering.
She has always believed in me.
She has been there to pull me out of my holes.
Now, she is an integral part of my success.


I love my mom!

My mom has taught me many things.
We were close, then pulled apart, now we are close again.
She has some great phrases.
Here are a few famous quotes I recall today:

1. Making a mistake is no reason for living a mistake.
It's OK to screw up, acknowledge it and start again.

2. Don't get in a pissing contest with a skunk.
Skunks will burn you everytime, just smile & walk away

3. You need to cleanse yourself.
Find yourself again, she recommends 6 months.

4. It's either love or money.
Relationships are about love or money. Period.
Figure out why you are in yours.

5. You can't talk to a dead man.
Stop talking to those that aggravate you.

6. Remember to use the "Monroe High School" smile.
You smile but inside you are saying #%*@ you.
Maintain the smile until they turn & walk away.

7. Everybody meets Lucy.
Lucy is her dog. If Lucy doesn't like them, we have a problem.

8. I don't think so.
It's gentle. It's polite.
It prevents you from slipping into Toxic Niceness.

9. I don't do triangles.
Stay out of a battle between two people.

Happy Mothers Day!!

"Rosemarisms" is what a girlfriend and I have deemed my mom's words of advice to us. There are more, this is the list I came up with today.

What is your favorite quote from your Mom?

1 comment:

Sandy of Sandy's Stuff for Women said...

Rosemary and Lauretta must have known each other. My mom had so many sayings (and the older I get, the more I find myself saying them - that's scary).

When I was probably about 10 years old, it was the craze to have an "autograph book." I still occasionally come across mine.

My mom wrote, "Love many; trust few. And always paddle your own canoe." I live that way now.

My mom's been gone for 14 years, but there's hardly a day that I don't think about her and something I learned from her.