Monday, December 17, 2007

Same Old Lang Syne Goodbye

Dan Fogelberg, the singer and songwriter whose hits "Leader of the Band" and "Same Old Lang Syne" helped define the soft-rock era, died Sunday at his home in Maine after battling prostate cancer. He was 56.

Can't say I was a huge Fogelberg fan, though "Same Old Lang Syne" has a special spot in my heart. Just one of those songs that triggers a memory of a dear friend that I will forever be grateful. He pulled me through a very difficult time and helped me find the amazing woman that I am. He was the first person I shared my business idea, he encouraged me to start my business and to stick with it.

The power of a song is amazing to me. I hear many songs and I can recall events that were going on in my life. Thank you to all the artists out there making memories and connections for us all to enjoy. My condolences to the Fogelberg family.

What song makes you remember an old friend?

No comments: