Sunday, November 26, 2006

"LET ME ASK YA THIS....."



You are stranded on a deserted island. You are alone.

You can only listen to one artist/band's music.


WHO DO YOU PICK?


I LOVE MUSIC!!! Classic Rock, Pop, Dance, Classical, Blues, Alternative, Bluegrass, Cajun, Jazz, Latin, Carribean, Soul, Reggae, R&B....ok, not Gospel or Polkas, and not the "twangy" Country. I love concerts. The feeling of live music is spectacular.

One of the best concerts I went to was Lucinda Williams. I went to her show having heard only one song, "Righteously". WOW! What a great show! Fabulous stories behind her songs. Paul Simon's concert at the Toledo Zoo was one of the most fun....Dancing barefoot in the aisle & ending up backstage on the tour buses!

But, if stranded on a desert island.....I pick The EAGLES.
I never change the radio station when The Eagles come on.
Great music and lyrics.
"Dick, It's got a good beat and I can dance to it."




OK, If the title of this blog sounds familiar, it is. Scott Ginsberg,that Nametag Guy, uses this statement in his blogs. Gotta give him some credit.

So, you are on a deserted island....Whose music do you listen to?

1 comment:

Sandy of Sandy's Stuff for Women said...

First of all, Angie, you are way too young to remember the American Bandstand's "It's got a good beat, etc."

And I can't name just one band. It's a toss-up between Chicago (think we've been to 6 or 7 of their concerts)and Bob Seger and his Silver Bullet Band (the first concert we ever saw; in the 70's!!).

Can't go to a wedding reception with requesting "Rock and Roll Never Forgets," "Good Time Rock and Roll," "Night Moves" (I could go on but I won't.

And I agree - MUSIC ROCKS!