Friday, August 03, 2007

Unpacking from a Move

Seems recently, many of my new clients are in need of help during a move.
From the preparation, purging of "stuff," or packing before they move.
To helping with the daunting task of unpacking and getting "stuff" put in its place.

My client, "Andrea," was in need of unpacking from a move her move that was about 1 year ago. She had this great spare bedroom in her awesome downtown loft condo (if I didn't have my boys, that is where I would live).


You can see this room was filled with boxes and bags of Andrea's items. She was feeling a little anxious about started and didn't think what we would accomplish.

"I don't even know how to begin,"
she said.


"We start with this box. See what is inside, you decide what you want to do with it, and we move on to the next one."

It is very easy to become overwhelmed when working on any task. Our job in this project was to work our way through all these boxes and find out what was inside each of them. Getting everything put away in 4 hours was not going to happen. Andrea knew this before we began.

What we ended up with was all Andrea's collectible dolls in the closet, an area of books to sort through, an area of papers to sort through, and Andrea had her desk and chair available to use. (Yeah, I see I need to clean my camera lens)

I will be back in a 4 weeks to see the progress Andrea has made and help her continue to get her home sorted out.

What area of your home is in need of "unpacking?"

2 comments:

SOUL said...

now i don't feel so bad. i too have lived in this house for almost a year...and i am NOT unpacked, OR decorated yet! it's a nightmare! i have a spare room...what do you charge for your assistance?
do they have people that do this out here in the sticks?

Angie Weid said...

Soul, I am always up for a road trip. Let's get you organized!