Wednesday, July 18, 2007

A Day for Me


My friend, Deb Sorenson, recently posted a story about a wasp.

Which inspires this post.

I had a client scheduled for today.
The whole day.
Monday we started working on clearing out the basement with plans to continue today and Thursday.

Well, her mother went into the hospital and is quite ill.

Appointments cancelled. (bummer)

Or is it.......

I was able to sleep in.
Take care of a few items.
Test drive my dream car.
(original VW Beetle convertible)
Go for an awesome bike ride at Munson Park trails.
Have a little siesta.
And it is only 4:30pm, who knows what is come before bed?

I really needed this break. A full day just to do what I wanted to do.

My client having to cancel her appointments was a bummer,
no way was I going to let it ruin the day.
Instead. I made the day, My Day!

Perhaps you cannot afford a day.
Grab a moment, 10-15 minutes, to just enjoy yourself.

You've earned it!

When was the last time you had a day to yourself?
What did you do?

3 comments:

Tracee Swank, Coach said...

Oddly enough I had a client cancel an appointment this week too. I had a jam packed day would have had to rush from lunch with a friend to this appointment. As it turned out, I was able to spend a little more time with my friend then go home and spend some time with our new puppy. It was time well spent as I was able to train the puppy on whose shoes to NOT chew on and whose side of the bed to NOT sleep on. My hope is that my husband doesn't get a day of his own soon as I am sure he will undo all of my training!

Anonymous said...

When life feels like it is getting out of control, I block off a day. Nothing gets planned. It does recharge me and make me a much more tolerable person.

Good post!

Thanks

Anonymous said...

Yes...everyone deserves a day to themselves. Great that you had a good day!