Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Making Downsizing Easier for Your Family

Being a professional organizer is my business, though my passion is helping your family when the need arises to downsize your loved ones as a senior move manager.

I was delighted when asked by Trish Krebs to be interviewed for Examiner.com. Below is the article or you can go here for the original publication:


Monroe organizer makes downsizing easier
for families of seniors in Michigan

Sorting through a lifetime of items to get favorite pieces into a new, smaller home can be a tricky process for seniors and the families who love them. Angie Weid, owner of Organized Solutions and rocket scientist, knows how to make that transition flow more smoothly for all involved.

With her down-to-earth approach, Angie is a neutral, yet animated guide through the sometimes emotionally-charged situation facing seniors and their adult children as they move. (And with a bachelor's degree in Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering, she really is a rocket scientist!)

A member of the
National Association of Senior Move Managers, Angie says, "I see where the person is and I listen to where they want to be, then I draw the line between the two." Having a professional organizer like Angie moderate the move process can be especially helpful for seniors who are facing medical conditions that limit mobility and energy, those who have accumulated a lot of treasures over the years, or those who have families that live some distance away.

"Life has a way of creating twists... I have no grandparents of my own, so I treat [my senior clients] as if they were my grandparents," says Angie. "We talk. We share our woes. I listen to my client's wishes and needs, and work to make them come
true."

Based in Temperance, MI, Angie primarily serves clients in Monroe, Lenawee, Wayne, and Washtenaw counties as well as the Toledo, OH area. However, Angie is "always up for organizing adventures" and has traveled as far as Dallas, TX and Chicago, IL to work with clients since opening Organized Solutions in 2004.

In the end, Angie knows she's done her job well for seniors and their families when a client says "Thank you for making my apartment feel like a home."

For more info: Angie Weid, owner of
Organized Solutions and rocket scientist, can be reached at (734) 890-1276 or by email at angie@iorganizeyou.com. You can also check out her website, read her blog or find her on Facebook and Twitter. She is a member of the National Association of Professional Organizers.

Thank you Trish for a great article!
You ROCK!!

What would you like to make easier for your family?