Friday, April 04, 2008

Organizing Boobs

Now, that's a title!

I broke down and went shopping today. Shopping is one of my least favorite activities. Though the time had come and I needed to go out for the dreaded
... da da dum ... Bra Shopping!

Funny I mentioned this need of mine to a couple women and they all had the same response. "Ugh, I HATE bra shopping."

My mission: To find a bra that is comfortable and fits well as quickly as possible.

Walked through the store and snagged up 4 different brands.
Nope. These won't work.
Oh, someone left one in the fitting room, size 38D.
Way too big, but I think mine 36C, are too small.
Back out on the floor for the next round.
Another 4-5 different ones, various sizes.
Bingo! Now, I've got the size (I think), now comfort.
Some straps pinched, one didn't correct my "side boobs," another just didn't look right.
Ah, finally. Found one that fit well, looked good, felt comfortable.
I bought 5 so I won't have to do this again for awhile.

36D - a D cup?!

Geez, I am slowly becoming my grandmother.
No matter what she did, her boobs just continued to grow.

A successful day, I will no longer be tugging at my bras adjusting them for comfort
..... well, at least for a few months.

Big or little, flat or endowed -- Ladies get out there and get your boobs organized in a well fitted bra. You'll feel and look better.

When was the last time you went bra shopping?

10 comments:

SOUL said...

:))

long enough ago to have also grown i bet!
but i am not going anytime soon!
"i hate bra shopping!"

happy weekend

Phyllis said...

Hi Angie--Friend of Cheryl's and another of her blogging buddies.

I, like you, have continued to grow as I age, and as much as I hate to wear these dagnabbed contraptions, truth is, if I don't, I'm sagging to me knees and I DO look like my grandmother. Also like you, I HATE bra shopping. I've actually taken to doing it by catalog--dangerous--but I found a Victoria's Secret type I like, and one from Soma that is comfortable so it works.

Did you see the article about the lady who sued Vic's because the underwire cut her and she needed stitches? I'm betting she had the wrong size. LOL.

Angie Weid said...

Soul - I have yet to meet a woman that enjoys bra shopping.

Phyllis - Welcome! Guess just when I find a bra that fits well, I get a growth spurt. Then that bra doesn't fit, and the quest begins for a new one. Ugh!

Smocha said...

Just when I found a bra that fit...a 36 D , BTW...I lost 10 pounds. Every ounce of it came from the boobs ...apparently.

so, now ...we begin again. :((((

Just SOLD a ton of brand new 36'd's at my yard sale. Damn ...did you miss out on a score!!!

Anonymous said...

I must confess. I like bra shopping. That is, now that I'm a smaller size. Not due to weight loss, mind you. ;)

My recommendation: Go to a nice department store or VS and have one of the sales associates measure you for your perfect fit. My true size really surprised me the first time I was measured!

SOUL said...

just checkin in on ya--

hope things are well :))



thinkin of your grippy toes-- cuz eevee tore up a paper towel everywhere and i'm too lazy to crawl around and pick it up ! :))

happy monday!

Angie Weid said...

@smocha - Hey, welcome. Congrats on the weight loss (or, um, boob loss)

@Leasa - only you would enjoy bra shopping. (right now you are the ONLY chick that enjoys bra shopping)

@Soul - my grippy toes are lovin' the grass between them. All is well.

Louise Kahle said...

This is right up my alley. Before you can expect to look good in your clothes, you have to have the right bra size! Leaza has saved herself a lot of headache by getting measured by a professional.
I didn't do this until maybe 5 years ago and found our I was not a 36D, but a 34DD. I was shocked. I don't think I would have even considered the double digets. Well, wouldn't you know, I was remeasured a couple of years ago and found out I am now a 34DDD! Victoria's Secret doesn't even carry that size!
Here's the image consultants advice on bras:
Get measured once a year. The girls are always changing.
I once had a former bra fitter tell me that a 36D is the same as a 34DD. Take it from me, that is absolutly not true.
You have to try them on. Even the same size in the same brand will look different on you if it is a different style.
If you wear an odd size like me, try Dillard's.
This is quite long, but it is good advice. Maybe I should do one of my newsletters on bras. Good idea?

Paul Eilers said...

I must admit, I have never read a post about "bra shopping".

A little peek into the mind of a woman.

Okay! I've seen enough now!

Angie Weid said...

@Paul - Yeah! A man brave enough to pipe in on a post on bras. I got your note, we can chat sometime.