Friday, September 07, 2007

Childhood Memories



Have you ever come across an item that triggers childhood happiness?

Today I did!



A book, "One Kitten For Kim."
(I think the book is out of print today)
As soon as I saw it, I just felt good.
I remember reading this book, over
and over
and over.

Kim is a little boy with a cat who has 7 kittens.
Mom and Dad send Kim out to find homes for the kittens.
Kim returns home without the kittens, however has quite a
surprise for his parents.

I cannot wait to read this story to my boys.
I hope they enjoy it as much as me.

What book triggers happy childhood memories?

4 comments:

Debby said...

This brought back two memories. One is my special book from childhood, and I'm blanking on the title right now, but it was about a fashion doll that was hidden away in an old house and the little girl wanted to find this doll when she visited her grandmother who lived in the house. The little girl's name was Debby and it was even spelling the right way!

Then fast forward to when my kids were little. Andy (who is now 38) the middle child, loved "Little Theodore and his Fourteen Sisters." Theodore was waited on hand and foot by his siblings and probably the middle child wanted a little more of that!

Anonymous said...

My favorite childhood book: Where the Wild Things Are. I just remembered that the main character's name is Max!

Anonymous said...

i like any of the dr seuss books!

Anonymous said...

:) I hope the boys (and you) enjoyed it! I loved most books as a kid- but especially The Boxcar Children and the Anne of Green Gables series.