Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Working with your Target Market


What a fun day today!! I helped an older woman, "Cathy", sort out some of her papers and boxes she has accumulated in her lifetime. Our goal was to make space in her living area to invite friends to her home. I did not get a before shot because she was so excited to get started, I just forgot. There were boxes and papers all over her sofa, as they were two weeks ago at the inital consult.

When I left the sofa was cleared off and ready for her friends to visit. She ended up with a partially filled box of important personal documents and memorabilia. I took away one large bag to the dumpster and one box of documents to be shredded.

Now, I mentioned lifetime earlier because Cathy had saved her father's paperwork from 1953! Interesting to see all these old documents, however no need to keep these records.

I enjoyed today because I love helping people, especially the elderly. Cathy told me some great stories about some of the items we sorted through. She began to get excited as progess was being made in finding her sofa again. When I finished, she was truly pleased with my help and I felt great knowing I did a good job.

What did you do for a client that made you feel wonderful?

No comments: