Tuesday, September 26, 2006

BALLS!


"If you must play, decide on three things at the start: the rules of the game, the stakes and the quitting time."
~Chinese Proverb

My mom gave me this book, BALLS! 6 Rules for Winning Today's Business Game, by Alexi Venneri in May 2005. I was about to leave on a solo trip to Key Largo, Florida to relax and plan the success of my business, Organized Solutions. The book has some fantastic ideas and true stories of success--and failure--in today's business world. (www.ballssixrules.com)

BALLS! is an acronym for:

Brave. Be brave enough to take risks. This is where it all starts. It takes guts to even think about starting a business. PERIOD!

Authentic. Be authentic enough to follow tried and true business practices. Don't hide your vision or goals. Remember businesse is about hard work, discipline, and the strength to learn from disappointment or failure.

Loud. Be loud enough to attract serious attention. Know that everything is a reflection on you and be consistent.

Lovable. Be loving enough to care. Build relationships, reward success, turn customers into fans.

Spunky. Be spunky enough to do things different. Do the unexpected, follow your instincts, confidently innovative.

!GO! Be inspired and excited to GO! and make something happen. Start doing something!

There are a lot of different books out there on starting a business, success of a business, making your business better. This was the FIRST book I read, so it is special to me (plus it was a gift from my mom). I love this book because it pumps me up when I am feeling frustrated in my business.

What do you to fire yourself up and get back on the track of success?

2 comments:

Debby said...

Books are always good, but the best thing for me to do is schedule an appointment with someone. It makes me feel like I did something and it keeps me moving forward.

Sandy of Sandy's Stuff for Women said...

I tend to be a procrastinator, especially putting off work that isn't particularly interesting or fun.

But I've discovered lately that if I just jump right into it and do it (rather than thinking about doing it), it turns out better than I thought. And it often even turns out to be fun!!

And I'm gonna get that book...