Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I'm not an Organizing Ogre



OK....Again, I heard something like:

"You know, I have been thinking about calling you but I was just to embarrassed."



After the consult:

"WOW! What was I thinking waiting to call you?"
"I feel there is hope for this room/closet/house."
"I can't wait to get started."

You have to admit hiring someone to enter your home for ANY project can be uncomfortable.

I am passionate about helping you feel better about your home.

I have lived in a home and felt completely uncomfortable, controlled and depressed for many years. I will NEVER live like that again. You should not either.

People think professional organizers are going to make you throw away all kinds of items. Not True. Like we are ogres--big, bossy, bold. Twisting your arms to get you to do stuff you don't want to do (maybe some are).

I am far from that.

You don't want my help
--> I am cool with that.

You want to keep 25 pairs of jeans
--> I don't think you need that many, and I will encourage you to choose your favorites. In the end, if you want 25 pairs of jeans, we need to find a place for them (Though, you may have to give up space for your 33 handbags).

If there is an area of your home that drives you nuts, do something!!
  • Take your junk drawer and dump it into the garbage.
  • Get a garbage bag and fill it up with broken/worn out toys.
  • Walk through your home and remove anything that just doesn't feel good or you never really liked. (Even if it is from your sister)

You will be amazed at how refreshed you feel.

If you are struggling, give me a call.
We will have fun. I promise.

Think you might be too far away? I love to travel, though you can find a local organizer at the NAPO website. There are many other fun organizers out there!

Who has surprised you with help in your home?

No comments: