Wednesday, July 01, 2009

A Few Dollars More

The post is dedicated to all single mothers. You always did what was best for your kids. You sacrificed. You stood your ground. You passed out at night from exhaustion. Though the whole journey, you became more beautiful and happier than ever.

To complete the trilogy (part 1, part 2):
I have been patiently waiting since April 2007.


My former is a doctor whose income more than doubled and he believed his child support should not increase ... well, he thought wrong.

See, while he went through medical school and residency, I supported us as an engineer at Ford Motor Company (8 years). I gave up my career shortly after Matthew was born because I refused to sacrifice my family and career.

Now 10 years later, I am quite thankful for my decision to raise my boys. I am also thankful for the financial ability to do so. We have enough to enjoy, living within our means.

Strange how life twists and turns you unexpectedly. You must withstand the rockin' and rolling, hold on tight and take it all in. In the end, be thankful you survived. Ready to encourage and support others.

What's the biggest life twist you've survived?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HOT DAMN in a fry pan!!!

Nimrod does have some chicken scratching writing. Bet it just burned him something rich to write your name out.

Awesome! Awesome! Awesome!