Monday, April 27, 2009

Just The Facts Ma'am

"In God we trust; All others bring data."
~ W. Edwards Deming

OR

"When in doubt, bombared them with data," a former engineer at Ford use to tell me all the time.

Hey, either way information is king. Browsing through the National Association of Professional Organizers (NAPO) website I found these little tid-bits:

- 80% of what we keep we never use.

- Getting rid of clutter eliminates 40% of housework in an average home.

- The average American burns 55 minutes a day – roughly 12 days a year – looking for things they know they own but can’t find.

- Employees spend roughly 25% to 35% of their time looking for the information they need to do their jobs.

- 50% of homeowners rate the garage as the most disorganized place in the house.

- 23% of adults say they pay bills late (incuring fees) because they lose them.

- We wear 20% of the clothes we own 80% of the time. The rest just hangs there, just in case.

- IKEA survey found that 31% of people are more satisfied after cleaning out their closets than they were with sex. (my personal favorite statistic EVER!)

Oh there are a ton more, but I would hate to bombard you with info.

What is one of your favorite stats?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the IKEA one!

The clothes one is SO true though! My clothes I can't wear again yet are in bins, and I don't think I'll ever wear them again probably. LoL!