Thursday, December 07, 2006

Birthday gift 18yrs in the making



HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACOB!!

My youngest is 6 years old today. What a spectacular young man! He has a gift of making friends everywhere he goes. His energy for life is inspiring! I am so proud to have him as my son.


I started a tradition with both my boys, Matthew is 8yrs. Every year on their birthday, I find a quiet moment during the day, sit down and write them a note. I don't spend too much time on it, maybe 10-15 minutes. I write about their interests and accomplishments from the past year, and anything else that comes to mind. The note is sealed in an envelope. When they turn 18 years old, I will give them all 18 cards I have written. They do not know I do this.



I have not written the card for Jacob's 6th birthday, yet. Oh, I will find a quiet moment to write my note to him. I love this tradition.

What special traditions do you have?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh...what a beautiful tradition and I'm sure they'll honor those letters for years and years. I often thought of doing something like that for my son....but of course Ms. Procrastinator here....still haven't done anything about it and now my son is 11! I wonder if it's too late.....

Angie Weid said...

Deborah,

It is never too late!!

Maybe give him the letters when he turns 21? I love this tradition. I am terrible at keeping surprises. This one though is quite easy, it is truly an 18yr old gift in the making.

Grab a piece of paper and pen. Write your son a note.