Monday, October 09, 2006

You become what you think about!


A late night internet searching (I don't know what or where), I came across an audio file that has me working on myself this week. I must have listened to this recording a 6-7 times so far.

Earl Nightingale's The Strangest Secret.

***********************************************
On December 7, 1941, Earl was at Pearl Harbor. Earl was one of only a hundred who survived. He was literally blown off the ship, unconscious, and another sailor pulled him to safety.

Earl said that he felt that he had been spared for some reason. After the war Earl became obsessed with why everyone in his neighborhood was poor and confused. He wondered why one person was able to create wealth and happiness for his family, while another with a similar background stayed ignorant and penniless. Answering these questions became Earl’s life work.

In 1956, he was about to take a trip but wanted to leave a message for his sales force. He got up in the middle of the night inspired to write a message that he recorded the next morning. That message became one of the most important and famous motivational recordings ever made. It is the only gold record ever achieved for the spoken word.
*************************************************

Back to my personal project: I am not quite ready to do the 30-day trial that Mr. Nightingale speaks of in his message. I need to sort out my goals. This will happen. I wish more people would listen to this recording. My boys, 8 and nearly 6 years old, have listened to this in the car with me. They were not thrilled about it at first and I thought they were ignoring it after awhile. At the end, when we got out of the car to go into Target. Jacob, my youngest, states "Mom I am going to be GREAT!" Matthew, the older, says "Yeah, well I am going to think about good stuff."

Kids are powerful! By the end of this week, I will have my goals in place.


So what are you thinking about?

No comments: