Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Feng Shui Magic

Feng Shui and organizing are good partners because they both are about feeling better about your surroundings. Ann Bingley Gallops, a Feng Shui expert in fabulous New York City recently posted on her blog, The Joy of Chi, this fabulous exercise for kick starting the energy in your space. With her permission, here is Ann's Feng Shui trick:

The Magic of 27 Things
Do you occasionally feel absolutely stuck, like you don’t know what to do next or how to get out of your own way?

Feng Shui has a simple yet surprisingly effective method for getting you unstuck: just go around your space and move 27 things.

You can pick each thing up and put it down in place, or move things around, or best of all pick up 27 pieces of clutter and move them into the trash.

I just used this strategy to get myself going on a logy-feeling Monday.

I began by just picking things up and putting them back down, but before I knew it was on a roll, putting things away, throwing things out, and easily touching 27 items in no time flat.

It was fun to count to 27 (a powerful Yang number in Feng Shui) and when I was done I felt really refreshed — my Chi energy was moving.

Start picking up some items around your space and stir up some new found energy. Let us know how you felt when you reached item #27.

How's the energy in your space feeling?

2 comments:

SOUL said...

i'll have to get back to you on this one k-

happy turkey day a couple days early!
gobble gobble-

Angie Weid said...

@Soul - Hey! Thanks for popping in. Hope your turkey day is wonderful. Boys and I celebrated this past Saturday, which was awesome because now my week is free and clear.