Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I am the Lorax, I Speak For the Trees

As a child, I remember spending hours walking through the neighborhood woods. Not sure my mom knows how often I did this. Thinking about it today, I probably would not want my boys walking alone in the woods.

Even today though, one of my favorite activities is just walking and taking in the feelings of the trees, bushes and sounds of nature.

After watching " The Happening" and reading "Anastasia" from the Ringing Cedars series, I'm really beginnning to think that nature truly needs a bit of attention.

It is a proven fact that all things emit an energy. Animals and children are especially sensitive to unexpressed emotions.

On the way to the dentist today, I noticed how the trees are just beginning to wake up. My boys and I started yelling, "Wake up trees!" as we drove down the road. "Hey, mom. I think that one there heard us. I saw it move." (Moments like this make me so proud to be a mom)

"The Lorax" is one of my favorite books. I pretty much have it memorized. If you have not read it, you should.

I wonder how the world would feel if we all took a brief moment and said hello to a tree. Give it a shot. What do you have to lose? Break into a little conversation with a tree, betcha feel a bit better after.

I'll hop off my stump now...........

What book inspires you?

No comments: