Monday, February 15, 2010

Vegas, Zebras, Ant Farms and Desert Snowman

Been gone pretty much all last week in Las Vegas for the National Association of Senior Move Managers conference. I was honored to be invited to be a speaker in one of the educational sessions. My topic was a non-organizing topic, more like a marketing "rock show."

Well, like all great rock shows, there was some opening music. Then jumped right into the fun. It was awesome to hear the laughter and see the lightbulbs going off in many faces as I talked about how to make your most important marketing tool fun and unique -- YOURSELF!!

Good times indeed. In fact one person came up to me and said:
"I believe you could speak about
ant farms and make them sound exciting."


The set of zebras pic is one of my favorite slides from the show used to demostrate the power of being different. (you should see what I used for "unique")

Here's the opening playlist:
Spirit in the Sky, Nitty Gritty Band
Black Betty, Ram Jam
You Shook Me All Night Long, AC/DC
The Chain, Fleetwood Mac
Joy to the World, Three Dog Night
Lose Yourself, Eminem
Who Are You, The Who
How Far We've Come, Matchbox 20
Rockstar, Nickelback
Domino, Van Morrison
Son of a Preacherman, Dusty Springfield

Oh and of course my business partners were with me, my boys. We drove to Utah (because we could), toured the Hoover Dam (took lots of dam pictures), built a snowman in the Mojave Desert and they dragged me to the top of a 700 ft sand dune (so much damn fun).

What three songs would you have as YOUR opening playlist?

No comments: