Wednesday, December 15, 2010

But Dust Bunnies are sooo Cute!

It's just a mess.
Hopeless.
I don't even no where to begin.
Look, I know I have a problem.
This is so embarassing.
I have heard all kinds of lines from clients.

"I am proud of 'Marty' for taking this step to call you,"
stated the wife of Marty to me.

Marty and his wife run a couple businesses out of their home. Needless to say, it becomes a bit tricky keeping the office organized. Throw in a move a couple years ago, business doesn't stop, and the place gets out of control quickly.



Stacks of papers on the floor, covering the desk, piles on the chairs. Leaving no place to work. It was getting quite frustrating for Marty. And he was starting to get depressed about the mess because he felt terrible about their office area.

When I started working with Marty, I noticed he knew where everything was. There was some order to the mess. He was able to put away many of the needed papers and receipts quickly. Two large bags were taken to the dumpster. And, another 4-5 large plastic containers of papers were ready to be taken to a local shredding company, probably close to 200 lbs (91 kg).








6.5 hours later ... A clean desk top, no more dust bunnies!

Marty felt better about the office area.
He had a desk again and a plan to keep it organized.

Like Marty's wife, I am proud of him for tackling this project.
I am confident he WILL keep it organized.

When helping your clients,
what statements have they made to you?

2 comments:

Martha Clouse said...

Angie, this is an impressive feat in 6.5 hours! I'm sure Marty is very happy with the result. You rock, my friend!

Angie Weid said...

@MarthaC - Thank you! There are those projects that just speed along at a screaming pace. Marty's project was one of those. Enjoy the day!